Saturday, August 27, 2005

Tracking the Bag '05

We just got out first phone call and it was from Mr.Guo. He said my bag has been located at LAX and it is on its way to Shandong University. I wonder how many days until we will be reunited.
Josh and I have developed a method for efficiently communicating to each other how we are holding up. This immersion process can be scary and stressful and our feelings about the experience seem to be temperant. The scale is from 1-10, here are some measures:
1- I am barely hanging on here, reassure me that it will be okay because I really want to call it quits and go home
4- I'm not coping too well. I know I want to stay for the year, but I need to be pissy and grumpy right now.
5- I am teetering on the edge of happy and depressed. I know I will feel better soon.
9-Everything is falling into place. I am happy as a lark. I only wish it didn't smell so funny around here.
10- I want someone back home to send me the rest of my things, I found my new home.
Right now, Josh is at an 8. I have moments of 6 and moments of 8. (Guess I could call that a 7, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home