Thursday, May 04, 2006

Today is the Day


Tonight is the awards ceremony, when the nomination officially becomes an award with President Bush's signature.

Everyday this week, Mom has been out the door before 7am for a full day of "professional development" and various brunches/lunches/meetings with the other awardees.


Yesterday, while Mom was at the Willard having breakfast (seen here with "Miss New Mexico Math") and catching up with George at the White House, Jake and I picked up Aunt Terri and Uncle Randy from the airport.

























Last night, we went on a dinner cruise along the Potomac river. The sites were spectacular.












After dinner, all those awardees got up to shake a tail feather. Of course Mom was among the first on the dance floor!

All those teachers really know how to have a good time.









And finally, I included this last photo because it perfectly captures how this week feels.












We fly to China in two days. I am looking forward to having my Mom in one place for 14 hours so I can finally talk to her!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy,
Revee told me about your blog, so I just had to get on and see the news about your mom, you and Jake. You all look great, and I bet you are having a wonderful time in China. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Take care, and have a great time.
Paula Crawford

11:15 AM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home