Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fumbling back into the light

The internet has been down for three days and I've suffered a range of withdrawal symptoms that might indicate I have an addiction. At first, I was frustrated. I looked for a distraction, but found myself repeatedly opening up the Google page in disbelief. Was China mad at Google?..and hotmail...and Oprah...and everyone??? Next came a sense of abandonment followed by an eerie calm. Tonight, the internet has come back into our lives and I am overwhelmed. So many choices...pictures, and pages, and options, and keys! Where do I start? Do I even remember how all of this works? The lesson I have learned is not to become too attached, the Internet may decide to leave my life without notice at any moment. Next time, I will be ready.
On a lighter note, there are many new experiences to write about.
I was beginning to worry that we were getting so adjusted that I may no longer have anything new to write about and the blog would become dull with the occasional grumbling entry.
Its late now, but I wanted to make it known we are back in the cybersphere....although, China might indeed be mad at hotmail because that page still "cannot be displayed".
Every night, I visit http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?sort=2 and let my imagination decide what you are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home