Monday, May 22, 2006

How a computer virus ruined my life

No, not really, but I like the ring to that title. It reminds me of an article you might find in a woman's magazine with an inset photograph of a woman cradling her face in her hands. The photo has to be slightly blurry, of course, to give you a feel for her unending pain.

In truth, it is Josh who is fighting this virus most hours of the day. He has loaded on a half dozen virus scanners and protectors. My favorite is called "Search and Destroy". It really feels like we are in combat.

Its almost too frustrating to use the computer at all. Everything is sooo slooow.
The good news is we have been getting a lot of good advice, and I think this sucker is going down today.

Oh, and another thing: after spending a week trying to recruit my family to gmail, I have to admit that right now it is driving me insane! About 6 seconds after I log on, it experiences "technical difficulties" and never recovers. I watch the seconds tick down as it tries to connect and then it starts over at 3 minutes. Is anyone else having this problem with gmail?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home