Saturday, November 26, 2005

Josh's special day continues


Candied mandarin slices--thats more like it.
Chinese medicine and tea...

This man wrote my name. Look! He charged me 10 times the price because it was in English, but it was still only $1. After I took his photo, he asked me to "take out" in English. I showed him the memory card from my camera. I said the picture is "in this", I can't "take out". He was really dissapointed that I could not instantly remove the photo from my camera.


I like dogs and wanted to give this shivering puppy a home. I thought the power of this puppy's face + my puppy face + Josh being really happy because it was his birthday= enough reasons to take the puppy home. But no such luck.










The birthday boy started to get really sleepy as we wandered through the culture market. Some sweet sticky rice perked him up.












Josh and Harmony.


That night, Josh and I went to an English party hosted by two of his students/basketball buddies (to steal the term from Jake). We participated in all kinds of English activities. Josh and I led a couple of "repeat-after-me" songs from Nature's Classroom. The post graduate students got into them even more than 6th graders!

They surprised him with a cake.




Josh's buddies (and students).
This birthday boy got one heck of a lot of attention and adulation from 100 Chinese students, 5 foriegners, 1 girlfriend, and a very exciting late night call from home.
He is sound asleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home